Highlands Ranch Estate Planning Lawyers
Plan for Your Family’s Future
When it comes to planning for the future, many people overlook the importance of estate planning. Having an effective estate plan in place can help you ensure that your loved ones are taken care of when you're gone. It can also make sure that your wishes are respected. You can create an effective estate plan with help from an experienced lawyer.
Skipton Law can provide the legal services you need to build a comprehensive estate plan. No matter how simple or complex you need your estate plan to be, we have the experience and skill necessary to help you achieve your goals.
We can help clients with estate planning matters such as the following:
- Asset Protection
- Advance Directives
- Medicaid Eligibility
Our Highlands Ranch estate planning attorneys are ready to help new clients prepare for their future and the future of their family. Reach out to us to request a consultation and see how Skipton Law can make a difference in how you think about and plan for tomorrow.
Why Do I Need an Estate Plan?
Creating an estate plan is one of the most important steps you can take to protect yourself and your loved ones. It allows you to determine how your assets are distributed, who will be responsible for administering your estate, and who will take care of minor children in the event of your death. With proper planning, you can ensure that your wishes are carried out even after you're gone.
Here are some of the key reasons why it's important to create an estate plan:
- Protect Your Assets - An estate plan can protect your assets and prevent them from being wasted or mismanaged. It can also allow you to designate specific beneficiaries for different types of assets, such as digital accounts, property, investments, and more.
- Secure Your Family's Future - An estate plan can help safeguard your family’s financial future in the event of your death. It can ensure that your wishes are respected when it comes to the distribution of assets and provides clear instructions for how they should be handled in the future.
- Minimize Taxes - Estate taxes can be significant, especially for larger estates. Proper estate planning can help reduce the amount of taxes owed and ensure that your assets are distributed according to your wishes.
- Reduce Legal Costs - An estate plan can save time and money by specifying how you want your affairs handled after you’re gone, which reduces the need for court proceedings. This makes it easier for your family to handle the probate process without incurring additional costs.
- Provide Peace of Mind - Knowing that your estate is in order can provide peace of mind, especially if you have minor children or vulnerable adults who need to be taken care of after you’re gone. An estate plan helps ensure that their future is secure and that they are provided for in the event of your death.
- Dictate Your Medical Wishes - An estate plan also allows you to create a living will, which outlines your wishes regarding medical care and end-of-life decisions. This can be especially important if you become incapacitated or are unable to make decisions for yourself.
Creating an estate plan is an essential step for ensuring the future of your family and your assets. It can help ensure that your wishes are respected and carried out, even after you’re gone. Talk to a qualified estate planning attorney to get started on creating an estate plan that meets your needs.
When Is It the Right Time to Start My Estate Plan?
If you don’t have an estate plan, or it has been years since you created one, now is the best time to consider your options. No one is ever too young or too old to plan for the future, and you should never wait until an estate plan is immediately necessary to begin this process.
That said, our estate planning attorneys in Highlands Ranch and help you make the arrangements you need under any circumstance – just reach out to us for legal support you can trust.
Contact Skipton Law today to get in touch with an estate planning lawyer in Highlands Ranch.
ServiceA strong commitment to positively impacting ourselves, our clients, & our community.
CollaborationAcknowledging & contributing to the advancement of the common purpose.
IntegrityInternal motivation & accountability towards honestly achieving the highest standards.
AdaptabilityA willingness to be open and flexible to changing circumstances & to new or different ideas and methods.
EmpathyActing with consideration & compassion to understand & relate to the experiences & perspectives of others.